Re: [Bizgres-general] WAL bypass for INSERT, UPDATE and

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [Bizgres-general] WAL bypass for INSERT, UPDATE and
Дата
Re: [Bizgres-general] WAL bypass for INSERT, UPDATE and  (Greg Stark <gsstark@mit.edu>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Qingqing Zhou <zhouqq@cs.toronto.edu> writes:
> I revised the idea with MINIMAL XLOG (instead of WITHOUT XLOG) like the
> below. I think in this way, we can always gaurantee its correctness and
> can always improve it.

I think the entire idea is a waste of time anyway.  If we have the COPY
case covered then we have done the only case that has any practical use
AFAICS --- you don't use UPDATE or DELETE for bulk loads, and you don't
use retail INSERTs either if you are striving for speed.

I don't want to see us mucking with the WAL logic without a *whole* lot
better rationale than has been presented so far.

Сообщение: Re: [Bizgres-general] WAL bypass for INSERT, UPDATE and
Сообщение: Re: [Bizgres-general] WAL bypass for INSERT, UPDATE and