Re: Permance issues with migrated db

От Robert Fitzpatrick
Тема Re: Permance issues with migrated db
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, 2007-05-22 at 20:13 +0100, Richard Huxton wrote:
> Robert Fitzpatrick wrote:
> > I did some googling and came up with some ideas, I have it now with
> > these settings and after restarting PG, no help.
> >
> > work_mem = 5MB
>
> My last post missed yours - you're ahead of my previous reply :-)
>
> Try 32MB, then 64MB, then perhaps 128MB. If it looks like you're not
> using stupid amounts of RAM on this one sort go higher still.

This really has me perplexed now :\

I closed pgadmin, set it to 128MB work_mem and restarted PG, went back
into pgadmin and created script from my saved view (again, this view is
identical/copied from the same mssql view with only syntax changes). I
started the query and then I started looking over that doc you sent me
(again, since I just read through it from a google search)...after over
300000 ms, still going, not even finishing. I'm beginning to worry
something is wrong with the dataset migrated from mssql? I can migrate
again tonight, last done about a month ago. Since then it has been
dumped from a linux server and loaded on this Windows server without
issue.

--
Robert