Re: Feature lists for 8.3 and 8.4

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: Feature lists for 8.3 and 8.4
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 2007-05-08 at 17:16 +0300, Abraham, Danny wrote:

> I am  migrating from Sybase to Postgres.
>
> trying to get a hold on the issue of future releases feature list.
>
> 1. Where can I find the feature list for 8.3 ? When is it expected?
> 2. And for 8.4?
> 3. Who is the guy to ask about a feature like "startup migrate" in ORACLE?

There is some planning done for each release, though reacting to
requirements is also a large part of how things work here.

What do you need?

In-place upgrades are possible, but only when the on-disk format stays
the same. It is set to change for 8.3

--  Simon Riggs              EnterpriseDB   http://www.enterprisedb.com

Сообщение: Re: Behavior of GENERATED columns per SQL2003
Сообщение: Re: Behavior of GENERATED columns per SQL2003