Re: Dangers of fsync = off

От Csaba Nagy
Тема Re: Dangers of fsync = off
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> [snip] Take the example of a query "UPDATE tablename SET x = x + 1".
> When this query is erroneously issued twice, data corruption will occur.

Huh ? I thought slony is replicating data, not queries... what on the
master is "UPDATE tablename SET x = x + 1" will translate to "UPDATE
tablename SET x = new_value" on the slave, where new_value equals that x
+ 1. That's why slony is working well even if you do "UPDATE tablename
SET x = now()".

Cheers,
Csaba.