Issue with database Postgresql :(

От Gerard M
Тема Issue with database Postgresql :(
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hello dear postgres community, I'm having a bad time with an issue
that I haven't been able to solve with my database, the problem is
this:
Whenever I try to save a word containing "special" characters in it
(for example áéíóú) I get the following django error:
"invalid byte sequence for encoding "UTF8": 0xe92020 HINT: This error
can also happen if the byte sequence does not match the encoding
expected by the server, which is controlled by "client_encoding"."
I know that I need to set something to my database/table but I dont
know where or how to achieve this, when I type" show;" at the
postgresql shell it tells me that my database is UTF-8 encoding.

I solved a problem like this in MySQL with the following commands:

alter database <DBname> character set utf8 collate utf8_general_ci;
alter table <tablename> convert to character set utf8 collate
utf8_general_ci;

I dont know if something like this exists in postgresql, or if there
is something else I can do or I should be doing, thanks for your help,
and your time for reading this post.