Re: Integer datetimes

От Neil Conway
Тема Re: Integer datetimes
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> We've so far managed to avoid having any hard dependency on a working
> int64 type, but this would certainly be one.  I don't really think the
> code-size-reduction argument is strong enough to justify that.

What benefit do we get from avoiding this dependency? Can we really
avoid a dependency on a 64-bit integral type in the long run?

> I'm not necessarily opposed to changing the default configure selection,
> but I am opposed to removing the FP code entirely.

I would be satisfied with changing the default to integer and
deprecating the FP code (but keeping it around as a configure option).
Are there any objections to doing this for 8.3?

-Neil