Re: [HACKERS] Patch to log usage of temporary files

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Patch to log usage of temporary files
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] Patch to log usage of temporary files  (Bill Moran <wmoran@collaborativefusion.com>)
Список pgsql-patches
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> Surely the measurement unit should be kbytes or disk blocks.  And why
>> aren't you using that GUC UNITS infrastructure Peter put in?

> Agreed.  I have applied the following patch to make it kilobytes, and
> documented it.  I didn't put '-1kB' in the postgresql.conf file because
> the -1 value is special.  (ideas?)

Hmm, that could be a little bit ugly.  Suggestion: redefine the value
such that files *greater than* the given size are logged, and then zero
can be the "off" position, and we need not worry about whether -1 is
-1 byte or -1 kbyte.