Re: How to get comments for view columns?

От eugene.mindrov@gmail.com
Тема Re: How to get comments for view columns?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Tom Lane wrote:
> What do you consider "selected"?  Given a view defined as
>
>     select a, b, c+d as sum from tab where e > 42;
>
> what output are you wishing for?
>
> AFAIR the dependency mechanism will treat a,b,c,d,e alike.  To do more
> you'd need to grovel through the pg_rewrite expression for the view's
> select rule, which'd be excruciatingly painful from a client program
> for lack of any supporting code.
>
>             regards, tom lane

>                http://archives.postgresql.org/

Sorry for not being overly accurate, I didn't consider a view with
expressions as columns, they slipped my mind, because the views I was
interested in contain only table columns, no expressions whatsoever.
But seems you're right, there's no easy way to extract underlying
comments...