Re: Event Triggers: adding information

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Event Triggers: adding information
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

https://github.com/dimitri/postgres/blob/d2996303c7bc6daa08cef23e3d5e07c3afb11191/src/backend/utils/adt/ddl_rewrite.c

> I looked at that code back then and didn't like it very much.  The
> problem I see (as Robert does, I think) is that it raises the burden
> when you change the grammar -- you now need to edit not only gram.y, but
> the ddl_rewrite.c stuff to ensure your new thing can be reverse-parsed.

Well, that burden already exists for non-utility statements --- why
should utility statements get a pass?  Other than that we tend to invent
new utility syntax freely, which might be a good thing to discourage
anyhow.