Re: Feature freeze progress report

От Marc Munro
Тема Re: Feature freeze progress report
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 2007-30-04 at 08:56 -0300, Heikki Linnakangaspgsql wrote:
> Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2007 09:18:36 +0100
> From: Heikki Linnakangas <heikki@enterprisedb.com>
> To: Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>
> Cc: Dave Page <dpage@postgresql.org>, Simon Riggs
> <simon@2ndquadrant.com>,
>  Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>,
>  PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers@postgresql.org>
> Subject: Re: Feature freeze progress report

> If we had a 1-2 lines status blurp attached to each patch in the
> queue,
> like "waiting for review", "author is fixing issue XX", etc., that
> might
> help. Bruce would need to do that if we keep the current patch queue
> system unmodified otherwise, or we'd need to switch to something else.

Would it be possible to also automatically determine some sort of
bit-rot status?  What I had in mind was an automated process that would
apply each patch to HEAD on a daily basis and report whether the patch
still applies cleanly and still allows all regression tests to pass on
at least one platform.  If and when the result of these tests changes
from pass to fail, the patch submitter would be automatically
notified.

The patch status could then also show the last time at which the patch
applied cleanly, and the last time that regression tests ran
successfully.

__
Marc

Сообщение: Re: Feature freeze progress report
Сообщение: Re: Feature freeze progress report