Re: We all are looped on Internet: request + transport = invariant

От Joe
Тема Re: We all are looped on Internet: request + transport = invariant
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Hi Richard,

On Fri, 2007-04-20 at 13:50 +0100, Richard Huxton wrote:
> OK, but I'm still not seeing how this avoids me having to use
> PHP/Perl/etc anyway. I mean, I'm going to need some application logic at
> some point, in which case who cares whether the RDBMS has this specific
> layout as a format. I can see how it might be useful as a library, but
> then there are libraries that provide plenty of XML formatting.

But if TML catches on so that "even a caveman can do it" *, i.e., query
a database from just a browser, then you and I (and most everyone on
this list) will be out of a job and PHP/Perl/etc. will be relegated to
the dustbin of programming languages.  [Sorry, couldn't resist :-) ]

Joe

* see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geico

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: We all are looped on Internet: request + transport = invariant
Сообщение: Re: We all are looped on Internet: request + transport= invariant