Re: Foreign Key Deadlocking

От Csaba Nagy
Тема Re: Foreign Key Deadlocking
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
> Can someone confirm that I've identified the right fix?

I'm pretty sure that won't help you... see:

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-general/2006-12/msg00029.php

The deadlock will be there if you update/insert the child table and
update/insert the parent table in the same transaction (even if you
update some other field on the parent table than the key referenced by
the child table). If your transactions always update/insert only one of
those tables, it won't deadlock (assuming you order the inserts/updates
properly per PK).

Cheers,
Csaba.