Re: Insert performance and multi-column index order

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Insert performance and multi-column index order
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
bob_lunney@yahoo.com writes:
> Why would changing the column order on a unique index cause data loading or index servicing to slow down?  Page
splitsin the b-tree, maybe?

Yeah, perhaps.  Tell us about the data distributions in the columns?
Is there any ordering to the keys that're being inserted?

It's not in the least surprising that different column orders might be
better or worse suited for particular queries.  I'm mildly interested
in the question of why the bulk load speed is different, though.