Re: pgsql-server/src/bin/pg_dump pg_backup_archiver.c

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pgsql-server/src/bin/pg_dump pg_backup_archiver.c
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
inoue@postgresql.org (Hiroshi Inoue) writes:
>     src/bin/pg_dump: pg_backup_archiver.c

> Log message:
>     Adjust lo type in contrib during pg_restore so that pg_restore could
>     reload the type.

I find this really ugly, and I do not believe this code belongs in
pg_dump (nor pg_restore).  We are not in the habit of putting kluges
into pg_dump to adjust system catalog entries for version-to-version
changes, and I certainly don't think that we should put in such a kluge
for a type that's only contrib.

The correct way to update contrib/lo for 7.3 is to load the 7.3
definition into a database before restoring the old definition.

If someone fails to do that, it'd be okay to supply this fix as a script
in contrib/lo to run against the database after-the-fact.  But I object
to putting it into pg_restore.