Re: pg_migrator issue with contrib

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pg_migrator issue with contrib
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Brad Nicholson wrote:
>> At the very least, a mention in the documentation of incompatible
>> contrib module(s) would be nice.  Even better would be a sanity check
>> added to prevent this.

> OK, I am looking to the hackers group for recommentations on this.

One thing I was going to suggest is that pg_migrator check that all the
.so's in the old installation also exist in the new one.  However that
could be overkill since you don't know for sure if the old .so is
referenced anywhere in the database.

As for the specific problem at hand, it might've been a mistake to
replace dblink_current_query() with a SQL function instead of changing
the internal implementation of the C function.  We could still fix that.

Сообщение: Re: pg_migrator issue with contrib
Сообщение: Re: pg_migrator issue with contrib