Re: Initial review of xslt with no limits patch

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Initial review of xslt with no limits patch
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On fre, 2010-08-06 at 13:01 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
>> 2. I'm not sure whether we ought to auto-single-quote the values.
>> If we don't, how hard is it for users to properly quote nonconstant
>> parameter values?  (Will quote_literal work, or are the quoting rules
>> different for libxslt?)  If we do, are we giving up functionality
>> someone cares about?

> Not every parameter is a string.

So I gather, but what else is there, and do we actually want to expose
the other alternatives in xslt_process()?

If we don't auto-quote, we need to provide some sort of quote_xslt()
function that will apply the appropriate quoting/escaping to deal
with an arbitrary string value.