Re: My honours project - databases using dynamically attached entity-properties

От Csaba Nagy
Тема Re: My honours project - databases using dynamically attached entity-properties
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 2007-03-15 at 17:01, A.M. wrote:
> It seems to me that postgresql is especially well-suited to run DDL
> at runtime, so what's the issue?

The issue is that some applications are not well suited to run DDL at
runtime :-)

As I already mentioned in another post in this thread, our application
also has a requirement of user defined fields in one table. Problem is,
that table is so accessed in peak hours, that it is simply impossible to
take an exclusive lock on it without causing an extended perceived
downtime of the application. And guess what, users will always want to
add new fields in peak hours...

We did solve this in our case with some application logic, but a generic
solution would be nice ;-)

Cheers,
Csaba.

Сообщение: Re: My honours project - databases using dynamically attached entity-properties
Сообщение: Re: My honours project - databases using dynamically attached entity-properties