Re: A little COPY speedup

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: A little COPY speedup
Дата
Список pgsql-patches
On Fri, 2007-03-02 at 12:09 -0500, Andrew Dunstan wrote:

> OK. I'm still curious to know what the issues are with delimiter handling.

Rumours only.

Feedback from someone else looking to the problem last year. IIRC there
was a feeling that if we didn't have to search for delimiters the COPY
FROM input parsing could be easier.

Vague recollection that the COPY TO uses the slower API for getting heap
attributes, but didn't seem to show up when I profiled few months back.

I'm not personally proposing to take those thoughts any further.

--
  Simon Riggs