Re: performances with Pentium D

От hatman
Тема Re: performances with Pentium D
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Hi Ben,

Thanks for you answer.

I was thinking about CPU speed bottleneck because one of the CPU load
was always quite low on the server (Pentium D, dual core) and on the
other hand, the CPU load on my laptop was always very high. After some
more testing (using a threaded client software which does the same
inserts using 10 parallel connections), i was able to have the other
CPU arround 90% too :-)
Then the INSERT speed reached 18'181 inserts/sec !!

So now i'm wondering if i reached the disk limit or again the CPU
limit... Anyway, thanks a lot for your advice, i didn't know this
difference between fsync implementation on SCSI and IDE !

Joël