Re: Change Default Database

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: Change Default Database
Список pgsql-sql
On Mon, 2007-02-26 at 14:52, Rommel the iCeMAn wrote:
> Hi again,
>
> Apologies for the HTML.
>
> This is an SQL script, it was generated by doing a schema-only database dump
> using pgAdminIII (which in turn uses pgdump I believe). I've attached the
> entire script. I was attempting to run this script in pgAdminIII because
> that's what I used to generate it, but the more I read it seems I should try
> the psql command line tool to execute this script. I'm getting the
> impression that pgAdmin doesn't recognize the /connect directive.

Please CC the list, as more eyes are more likely to have an answer than
just mine...

Yeah, I always run my scripts from psql, often called from a bash shell
script.  That way I can substitute server / database names in the shell
script depending on what I'm trying to do.

\ commands exist within the framework of psql, not outside.  If pgAdmin
doesn't have an equivalent type of command structure, then it won't work
for this.  You could always drop the db by hand, create it, connect to
it, and THEN run the rest of your script, but I too think it would be
easier to just run the script against psql.