Re: Having a problem with my stored procedure

От Ted
Тема Re: Having a problem with my stored procedure
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Feb 13, 1:45 pm, mcco...@southwestern.edu (Laura McCord) wrote:
> About your last comment, I can't do any revisions of the third party
> application where the inserts and updates are occurring. Plus, this
> whole idea came from a workaround based on a glitch in the software
> where the expiration of articles is not occurring ,therefore I have to
> do a delete articles to prevent them from being displayed on the web
> interface. Also, I don't entirely want to get rid of them completely and
> that is why I am saving records in an archive table to be used in
> another application that I need to write in the future. So, this is the
> reason for the redundancy.....it's a long story.
>
> -Laura

I don't think I was suggesting you do anything with the original
application.  Rather, I was suggesting you alter what you're were
already trying to do.  You can apparently create as many trigger
functions as you like (implied by what I have read in the PostgreSQL
documentation), presumably without name collisions though, and you
have absolute control of what you do within the functions you develop,
as long as it is syntactically correct.  So far, I see nothing
preventing you from writing two trigger functions or requiring you to
use so many temporaries.   How does not touching the third party
application affect the triggers you add to the database?

Cheers

Ted