Re: [ADMIN] Deadlock on transaction

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: [ADMIN] Deadlock on transaction
Список pgsql-sql
On Mon, 2007-02-12 at 11:43, Ezequias Rodrigues da Rocha wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I am curious becouse I am seen my postgresql locking the transactions
> when i load a huge (in some case not to huge) numbers of records
> 70,000 records.
>
> Could someone help me with it ?

Are sure that what you're speaking of is a deadlock?  Or is it just a
stalled transaction while one one transaction waits for another to
complete?

A true deadlock means that two transactions are stalled waiting for the
other to complete, and neither ever can complete, and they are
DEADlocked.

If you've just got a problem where an update is stalling all the other
transactions, then give us a test case / example code of what's
happening.

If you've got a real deadlock that postgresql isn't catching, that's a
much more serious problem.

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: