Re: Service startup - troubleshooting

От Mike
Тема Re: Service startup - troubleshooting
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi Richard,

Thanks for your response.

Below is a console session (again, this is on Ubuntu). I attempt to
run the init script but can't start Postgres and don't see any error
messages in the console or output in the log directory.

I then switch to the 'postgres' user and can run pg_ctl to start
Postgres.

I imagine the configuration was mangled somewhere down the line.
Perhaps I need to reinstall Ubuntu, though it's not something I look
forward to (I already tried uninstalling Postgres and wiping away all
references to it prior to my last install).

Thanks for taking a look!

myuser@mycomputer:~$ sudo /etc/init.d/postgresql-8.1 status
Password:
Version Cluster   Port Status Owner    Data
directory                     Log file
myuser@mycomputer:~$ sudo /etc/init.d/postgresql-8.1 start -D /usr/
local/pgsql/data
myuser@mycomputer:~$ sudo /etc/init.d/postgresql-8.1 status
Version Cluster   Port Status Owner    Data
directory                     Log file
myuser@mycomputer:~$ ls -a /var/log/postgresql
.  ..
myuser@mycomputer:~$ su postgres
Password:
postgres@mycomputer:/home/myuser$ /etc/init.d/postgresql-8.1 start -D /
usr/local/pgsql/data
postgres@mycomputer:/home/myuser$ /etc/init.d/postgresql-8.1 status
Version Cluster   Port Status Owner    Data
directory                     Log file
postgres@mycomputer:/home/myuser$ pg_ctl -D /usr/local/pgsql/data
start
could not change directory to "/home/myuser"
postmaster starting
postgres@mycomputer:/home/myuser$ LOG:  database system was shut down
at 2007-02-08 14:08:58 EST
LOG:  checkpoint record is at 0/4BCDD4
LOG:  redo record is at 0/4BCDD4; undo record is at 0/0; shutdown TRUE
LOG:  next transaction ID: 1492; next OID: 16740
LOG:  next MultiXactId: 1; next MultiXactOffset: 0
LOG:  database system is ready
LOG:  transaction ID wrap limit is 2147484146, limited by database
"postgres"