Re: PostgreSQL data loss

От desrocchi@gmail.com
Тема Re: PostgreSQL data loss
Дата
Список pgsql-general

On 26 Gen, 22:44, j...@commandprompt.com ("Joshua D. Drake") wrote:
> Scott Marlowe wrote:

> >> In any event, refuse to ever do any business with him again.  In my
> >> experience, these kinds of customers aren't worth the pennies they pay
> >> you.  Also, refuse to give in.  If you give him anything for free, he'll
> >> never leave you alone.  I have personal experience with these types.
>
> > What Bill said, ++'
> To follow this up from a PostgreSQL company :).
>
> Be plaintative. Tell him that any loss of data should have been covered
> by backups and that such losses of data typically happen either by user
> error or hardware failure.

Thankyou all for the support.
I received a private e-mail with some suggestions on how to recover
data and I'll try that, at least to prove we have absolutely nothing to
do with that.

This situation really pissed me off, this program was release one year
ago and no-one ever complained about data loss, not even our clients
who accepted to test our beta versions.

Thanks again,
Daniele