Re: too many trigger records found for relation "item" -

От Csaba Nagy
Тема Re: too many trigger records found for relation "item" -
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, 2007-01-23 at 14:49, Brandon Aiken wrote:
> Nevertheless, the database should be able to handle any combination of
> syntactically correct SQL statements without throwing errors and
> maintaining the database in a consistent state.  If what you're saying
> is right, the error thrown here is not a user configuration error, but
> an RDBMS implementation error.
>
> A development database is still obviously an important role for
> PostgreSQL to function in (as far as PostgreSQL's dev team is concerned,
> a development database *is* a "production" use since once of *their*
> end-users experiences the problem) and it needs to be able to handle
> cases such as this with no problems.  And no matter how unlikely it is
> to be in a production environment, *someone* will try to modify their
> schema dynamically like this.
>
> I'm wondering if there is a race condition in CREATE or DROP with
> respect to triggers and foreign keys.  If that's the case, it's going to
> affect someone eventually.

When I said it doesn't bother me, I meant it literally me, not implying
the Postgres community in any way :-)

And I did report it that time (I can't find the mail, but I think Tom
had a look at it and probably decided it is not top priority).

Cheers,
Csaba.