Re: XML regression test failure

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: XML regression test failure
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sun, 2007-01-21 at 08:36 +0100, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Tom Lane wrote:
> > Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net> writes:
> > >
> > > You need to re-initdb.
> >
> > IOW someone forgot to bump catversion when committing a change that
> > invalidated the regression tests?
>
> No.  I should have said you need to reinstall, when you run the test
> against an already installed instance.  Once reinstalled, the
> catversion check will trigger.

The main point is the same as the catversion check however. There should
be a message that says "reinstall to correct this", just like the
catversion check does, or at very least a hint to say "have you tried a
reinstall to correct this?"

--  Simon Riggs              EnterpriseDB   http://www.enterprisedb.com