Re: Postgresql 8.0.10 on FC4

От Devrim GUNDUZ
Тема Re: Postgresql 8.0.10 on FC4
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

On Fri, 2007-01-19 at 12:52 -0800, Dianne Yumul wrote:

> I downloaded the 8.0.10 rpms for FC4 yesterday and after installing
> it, postgresql won't start. I get the following error: "An old
> version of the database format was found...."  My previous postgresql
> version was 8.0.8 and I read nothing on the release notes about a
> dump/restore/initdb requirement.

:-( I realized that a few days before while building Mammoth RPMs, but I
could not find time to commit the fix and then rebuild new sets.

<snip>
> After doing the necessary changes, the database started and
> everything seems fine.

http://cvs.pgfoundry.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/pgsqlrpms/patches/8.0/postgresql.init.diff?r1=1.3&r2=1.4

is the fix that I just committed to CVS.

>  I just want to make sure I didn't ruin anything and the change was harmless

That is almost ok.

I will be building new sets for 8.0.10 over the weekend and push them to
FTP site.

Thanks for the report.

Regards,

Вложения