Re: PG8.2.1 choosing slow seqscan over idx scan

От Jeremy Haile
Тема Re: PG8.2.1 choosing slow seqscan over idx scan
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
> How much memory does the box have
2GB

> Yes, it takes up space
Well, I upped max_fsm_pages to 2000000 because it vacuums were failing
with it set to 1500000.  However, I'm now autovacuuming, which might be
keeping my fsm lower.  I didn't realize that setting it too high had
negative effects, so I'll try to get a better handle on how large this
needs to be.

От: Dave Cramer
Сообщение: Re: PG8.2.1 choosing slow seqscan over idx scan
От: "Dave Dutcher"
Сообщение: Raid 10 or Raid 5 on Dell PowerEdge