Re: SIGSEGV in Postgres 8.0.3 (libpq4)

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: SIGSEGV in Postgres 8.0.3 (libpq4)
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Anand Kumria <wildfire@progsoc.uts.edu.au> writes:
> I have a set of perl scripts which invoke each other (via system());
> eventually I found that they were crashing and ultimately causing Perl
> to SIGSEGV.

Are you doing anything multi-threaded in those scripts?  libpq is not
thread-aware --- it's up to you to ensure that only one thread touches
a given PG connection (only one at a time anyway).

That might have nothing to do with your problem, but no other theories
come to mind with the limited info you've provided...