Re: ALTER TABLE INHERIT vs collations

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: ALTER TABLE INHERIT vs collations
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On Sat, 2011-04-16 at 18:23 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Right at the moment, ALTER INHERIT doesn't verify that collations
>> match in a proposed inheritance child.

> It should be prevented, I think.

BTW, on looking through the source to find the cause, I see that the
reason it's not prevented is that MergeAttributesIntoExisting() failed
to check for collation match.  But the other three places in tablecmds.c
that check for child column type matches do check collation too.  So it
seems clear that this was just an oversight in one case.