Problem with JDBC version 8.0/1 vs. 7.4

От Bob Fischer
Тема Problem with JDBC version 8.0/1 vs. 7.4
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Hello,

I'm trying to run the SQL statement found below.  Meaning, if I have a
String sql set to the big hunk of text below the '----', I then call
    ResultSet rs = statement.executeQuery(sql);

When I use the JDBC Driver v7.4, everything works just fine (and it
returns some rows).  But when I use JDBC Driver v8.0 or v8.1, I get the
following Exception:

org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: No results were returned by the
query.
    at
org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.executeQuery(AbstractJdbc2Statement.java:240)

Does anyone know what is causing this problem or how to fix it?  For now
I'm sticking with the 7.4 driver.

Thanks,
-- Bob

-----------------------
 create temporary table _ids (entityid int); delete from _ids;
 delete from _ids;
 insert into _ids (entityid) select entityid from persons where
firstname ilike '%kent%' or lastname ilike '%kent%'    union  select
entityid from organizations where name ilike '%kent%';
 (select o.entityid, 'organizations' as relation, name as name ,
o.entityid = o.primaryentityid as isprimary from organizations o, _ids
where o.entityid = _ids.entityid
   union
 select p.entityid, 'persons' as relation, (case when lastname is null
then '' else lastname || ', ' end || case when firstname is null then ''
else firstname || ' ' end || case when middlename is null then '' else
middlename end) as name , p.entityid = p.primaryentityid as isprimary
from persons p, _ids where p.entityid = _ids.entityid) order by
relation, name;
 drop table _ids