Re: Autovacuum Improvements

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: Autovacuum Improvements
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, 2007-01-12 at 19:33 -0300, Alvaro Herrera wrote:

> > Alvaro, have you completed your design?
>
> No, I haven't, and the part that's missing is precisely the queues
> stuff.  I think I've been delaying posting it for too long, and that is
> harmful because it makes other people waste time thinking on issues that
> I may already have resolved, and delays the bashing that yet others will
> surely inflict on my proposal, which is never a good thing ;-)  So maybe
> I'll put in a stub about the "queues" stuff and see how people like the
> whole thing.

I've not read a word spoken against the general idea, so I think we
should pursue this actively for 8.3. It should be straightforward to
harvest the good ideas, though there will definitely be many.

Perhaps we should focus on the issues that might result, so that we
address those before we spend time on the details of the user interface.
Can we deadlock or hang from running multiple autovacuums?

--
  Simon Riggs