Re: Advice needed on using postgres in commercial product

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: Advice needed on using postgres in commercial product
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, 2007-01-10 at 00:12, John DeSoi wrote:
> On Jan 8, 2007, at 2:11 PM, Ron Mayer wrote:
> >> If not postgres, what other database could possibly do this, if
> >> any?  I
> >> really don't want to have to write our own RDBMS.  :)
> >
> > Doesn't seem much like a database question.  I'd say ask on some
> > trusted
> > computing (google Trusted Computing) list if you want a technical
> > solution or a lawyer if you want a legal one.
>

> Valentina claims to be able to securely encrypt your data for the
> entire database or individual fields/records.
>
> http://www.paradigmasoft.com/en/technology/TECH_SECURITY

But I'm not sure that would keep the customer from getting to the data.
If the app you ship can decrypt the data, so can the customer, with
enough work.

IFF they claim to be able to do what the OP is asking for, it's snake
oil.

Сообщение: Re: Foreign Key Identification
Сообщение: Re: Foreign Key Identification