Re: Autovacuum Improvements

От Csaba Nagy
Тема Re: Autovacuum Improvements
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, 2007-01-09 at 17:36, Csaba Nagy wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-01-09 at 17:31, Matthew T. O'Connor wrote:
> > Without getting into all the details, the autovacuum naptime is a GUC
> > variable right now, so it can be much more frequent than the current
> > default which is 60 seconds.
>
> Hmm, for some reason I thought the granularity is minutes, but it is
> indeed in seconds... one more thing learned.

OK, so after checking my config, it is still not optimal because it
refers to all the data bases in the cluster. I have setups where I have
multiple data bases in the same cluster, with various degrees of
activity... some of them should be checked continuously, some rarely...
so now if I let the default 60 seconds, each data base will be checked
in db_count * (60 + vacuum time) seconds. This is not optimal... some of
the DBs have way much activity than others. Those I would like to be
checked say each 10 seconds, the rest each 5 minutes...

Cheers,
Csaba.