Re: column limit?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: column limit?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"Johnson, Shaunn" <SJohnson6@bcbsm.com> writes:
> Trying to looking for this in the docs, but, can someone clue me
> in for the direction for column limit?  I'm trying to build
> a table with, say, 50+ columns (all but 2 of them are integer) and
> getting some error (the error itself is ambiguous as it refers to
> "'").

As Robert pointed out, you are nowhere near any limit.  This is probably
a simple syntax error, but I don't doubt that it's hard to find in such
a large command :-(.

There is a problem with the parser in releases through 7.2 (it's fixed
for 7.3) in that in some situations, "parse error near foo" messages
will quote only a part of a token, rather than the whole token.  I
suspect that this message is trying to point at some string literal
('foo') in your command.