Re: TODO: GNU TLS

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: TODO: GNU TLS
Re: TODO: GNU TLS  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> Gee, thanks.  Perhaps one might consider the license a reason why some
> might prefer GNUTLS and would like to see the option?  I'm pretty
> confident that Debian, at least, would switch to using GNUTLS for
> Postgres were it available.  It's certainly something we'd like to see
> supported by upstream as an alternative to OpenSSL.  Given the patch is
> available it's possible we could just apply it locally (as was done w/
> OpenLDAP) but I really don't think anyone would like to see that.

I am not the one you need to convince :). I honestly don't care that
much. I am just trying to help clean up the TODO list. If you want the
GNU TLS patch accepted, you should probably start a thread about that
problem specifically.

Currently, Tom Lane does not like how invasive the patch is. So someone
is going to have to convince him this is a good idea or some of the
other committers.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

Providing the most comprehensive  PostgreSQL solutions since 1997            http://www.commandprompt.com/