Re: How can I return a pointer to a use structure from a function

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: How can I return a pointer to a use structure from a function
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Chongbing Liu <cliu@cs.nmsu.edu> writes:
> If I want the XXX_in function (for my own data type)
> to return a pointer to a particular structure, what
> micro should I use?

You can just use PG_RETURN_POINTER if you're feeling lazy.
PG_RETURN_TEXT_P and other wrappers around PG_RETURN_POINTER
exist mainly as a simple form of documentation.  If you like
that kind of documentation you can define your own GET and RETURN
macros for your own datatype (look in fmgr.h for examples).
If you don't, don't bother.