Re: URGENT: Out of disk space pg_xlog

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: URGENT: Out of disk space pg_xlog
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Fri, 2006-12-22 at 11:52 -0500, Jeremy Haile wrote:

> I would still appreciate ... explaining how to estimate size for a
> pg_xlog partition.  It seems like it can vary considerably depending on
> how intensive your current transactions are.  Is there a way to
> determine a maximum?

There should be at most 2*checkpoint_segments+1 files in pg_xlog, which
are 16MB each. So you shouldn't be having a problem.

If there are more than this, it could be because you have
currently/previously had archive_command set and the archive command
failed to execute correctly, or the database was shutdown/crashed prior
to the archive commands being executed.

IIRC there was a bug that allowed this to happen, but that was some time
ago.

Perhaps you could show us the dir listing, so we can check that there is
not a new problem emerging? Can you also show us the contents of the
pg_xlog/archive_status directory? Thanks.

--
  Simon Riggs

Сообщение: Re: URGENT: Out of disk space pg_xlog
Сообщение: Re: URGENT: Out of disk space pg_xlog