Re: Unable to start server - winxp

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: Unable to start server - winxp
Список pgsql-general
> So there's no other way to start the server else than to create an
> unpriviledged winxp user account, or change my user account (and
> forever not be able to install programs, change settings etc etc.)?
> There must be, I can't imagine postgresql is in backwards world:
> making the admin less priviledged than an unpriviledged user.

I think you are missing the point here. We are not going to give you a
foot gun. :). Secondly, having the second user DOES NOT mean you can't
use your user. It just means, when you connect to postgresql you will
use the unprivealged user to do so. You can do this *as* your normal
user.

PgAdmin will ask you for a user and password when you start the program.
As your *normal* user, just use the username and password of the non
privealged user.

This is really not a big deal.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

> > I can't understand why you didn't follow the standard installer (MSI
> > package) way of setting things up.
> >

> Actually, I did. I didn't change any of the settings pre-given, but
> still I can't start the postgresql server. The installer refused to
> initiate the server though, because it's on FAT32. But for that I used
> the initdb.exe.
>
> > --
> > Filip Rembiałkowski
> >
> > ---------------------------(end of
> broadcast)---------------------------
> > TIP 6: explain analyze is your friend
>

> -Joost

> > Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2006 12:12:33 +0100
> > From: plk.zuber@gmail.com
> > To: jkuckartz1984@hotmail.com
> > Subject: Re: [GENERAL] Unable to start server - winxp
> > CC: pgsql-general@postgresql.org
> >
> > 2006/12/22, Joost Kuckartz <jkuckartz1984@hotmail.com>:
> > > I only have one user account on my winxp (if it's that one
> > > PostgreSQL is looking at) and I don't want to switch to another
> user (create
> > > even one) to start the postgres server.
> >
> > If you don't want to create another user account (why?),
> > then you will have to change the account that you are using to
> > "standard" or "unprivileged" user. Use the power of Control Panel.
> >
> > I can't understand why you didn't follow the standard installer (MSI
> > package) way of setting things up.
> >

> > --
> > Filip Rembiałkowski

> Probeer Live.com: je eigen persoonlijke opstartpagina met alleen de
> dingen die jij belangrijk vindt op één plek. binnen één omgeving.

             http://www.commandprompt.com/

Сообщение: Re: Unable to start server - winxp
Сообщение: Re: Unable to start server - winxp