Re: anyone got any suggestions for clustering?

От Devrim GUNDUZ
Тема Re: anyone got any suggestions for clustering?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

On Tue, 2006-12-19 at 16:47 +1000, CARMODA wrote:
> I am currently investigating the preferred method of clustering a
> postgresql database on Redhat?
<snip>
> we already have licences for Redhat Enterprise Linux ES v4, i was
> wondering if Redhat's Cluster Manager is a candidate?

Using RHEL + RHCS + GFS, you can setup an active/passive clustering. I
have presented this setup in PostgreSQL Summit:

http://www.gunduz.org/download.php?dlid=142

> or if either PGCluster or Slony1 have advantages or drawbacks etc.

Slony-I is also a good choice for replication. You can use pgpool as a
frontend to Slony-I, if you want. I don't think that pgCluster will act
well under high load (well, it is more than a "thought"...) So, I'd
ignore pgCluster for now and go on with Slony-I and/or RHCS.

Also you may want to take a look at this:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/high-availability.html

Regards,

Вложения