Re: Anyone? Best way to authenticate postgres against

От Reece Hart
Тема Re: Anyone? Best way to authenticate postgres against
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, 2006-12-18 at 20:23 -0600, Derrick wrote:
>                           Subject:
> [GENERAL] Anyone?  Best way to
> authenticate postgres against
> active directory?

I know very little about AD, its kerberos implementation, and
interoperability limitations. I have been using kerberos with postgresql
for years and think it's nearly the holy grail of authentication. I know
that linux can authenticate against AD domains , so I presume that one
could also get postgresql to do so.

Here are two bookmarks that I've saved and that you might find useful:
http://chrisp.de/en/rsrc/kerberos.html
http://www.windowsnetworking.com/articles_tutorials/Authenticating-Linux-Active-Directory.html

If you can make that work, the community might appreciate a summary of
how you did it.

-Reece

--
Reece Hart, http://harts.net/reece/, GPG:0x25EC91A0
./universe -G 6.672e-11 -e 1.602e-19 -protonmass 1.673e-27 -uspres bush