join a lot of columns of two tables

От ivan marchesini
Тема join a lot of columns of two tables
Дата
Re: join a lot of columns of two tables  (Ragnar <gnari@hive.is>)
Список pgsql-sql
Dear Postgres Users,
I have 2 tables...
each one has a column called ID (primary keys of each table)
the values into each ID column are exactly the same.

each table has a lot of other columns (around 50 for each table)....

I would like to create a table containing the ID (only one column
obviously) and all the other columns of both tables...

a simple equi join for each column is simple but how can I join
completely the two table on the bases of the column ID???

probably it is a simple question but I don't know how to solve this very
simple problem quikly...  :-(
thanks

Ivan

--
Ti prego di cercare di non inviarmi files .doc, .xls, .ppt, .dwg.
Preferisco formati liberi.

Ivan Marchesini
University of Perugia
Via G. Duranti 93/a