Re: about the RULE system

От Rafal Pietrak
Тема Re: about the RULE system
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, 2006-12-13 at 15:43 -0600, Scott Marlowe wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-12-13 at 15:36, Rafal Pietrak wrote:
> >

> > "REVOKE ALL ON FUNCTION piti() FROM PUBLIC"
> >
> > Doe not seam to have any effect on functions installed as a trigger.
>
> Does your "common user" have the permission to create users?

No (although the one I've initially tested this scenario on, was in a
group that did have that permission).

But this time I've tested this on user "niby":
 \du niby
                               List of roles
 Role name | Superuser | Create role | Create DB | Connections | Member
of
-----------+-----------+-------------+-----------+-------------+-----------
 niby      | no        | no          | no        | no limit    |
(1 row)
CREATE TEMP TABLE mini (id int, name text, fix int, emul text);
CREATE TRIGGER adad  BEFORE INSERT ON mini FOR EACH ROW EXECUTE
PROCEDURE piti();
INSERT INTO mini (name,emul,id,fix) VALUES
('cz_'||(random()*1000000)::integer,'jasdklad', 130003, 1012 );
INSERT 0 1

where piti() is the function I've described earlier, and did REVOKE ALL
on that function.

*all* the above statements are executed as user "niby". The SCHEMA has:
REVOKE ALL; GRANT USAGE; It *does*not* have "GRANT CREATE".

I hope you can copy the results.

--
-R