Re: search_path when restoring to new db

От SunWuKung
Тема Re: search_path when restoring to new db
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Thanks for your answers.

I guess it means that I have to issue Alter database after restore
than.
I find this a little scary because this is something that I just
realised now and wouldn't have thought beforehand. Seems to me that to
make an exact copy of a single db it isn't enough to use pg_backup and
pg_restore but need to issue other commands as well.

I think it would help a few users (it would certainly help me) if I
could find a complete example on how to backup a single database on one
server and restore it on another without having to worry about things
that might have been omitted - like this one.

I used to work with SQLServer and while I like Postgres a lot I don't
know enough to take advantage of the flexibility that this
backup-restore mechanism offers. In SQLServer if I had the proper
rights I could take a backup of a db, bring it to another server, say
restore and that's it (ok, I had to repopulate fulltext index) but I
could be sure that the db is in the same state than when I made the
backup. I must say that this was very convenient for me.

I think one should be able to create a backup and restore script that
would do the same with Postgres, but I didn't find one so far. Could
somebody show me an example? Or trying to simplify this is a wrong aim?

Thanks for your help.
Bal�zs