Re: Switching to XML

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: Switching to XML
Список pgsql-docs
> > Your fourth is resolved, we have the conversion per make postgres.xml.
>
> We do not have that --- have you looked at the output?  It's nigh
> unreadable.

You are correct which is actually the argument that Gleu made to me
about moving to XML. I did find however that if you ran postgres.xml
through tidy it cleaned things up nicely.

Secondly the make postgres.xml would be a one time thing. I would
happilly take the time to get postgres.xml into a format that was
reasonable and similar to how we currently do the postgres.sgml docs.

>   Same problem as with the authoring tools: that software
> doesn't think that formatting of the XML source text is important.

Well not authoring editors though. Emacs or Bluefish won't blow that
stuff away (just realized Bluefish doesn't validate :( ).

             http://www.commandprompt.com/