Re: Load distributed checkpoint

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: Load distributed checkpoint
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 2006-12-08 at 11:05 +0900, Takayuki Tsunakawa wrote:
> I understand that checkpoints occur during crash
> recovery and PITR, so time for those operations would get longer.

A restorepoint happens during recovery, not a checkpoint. The recovery
is merely repeating the work of the checkpoint that occurred in the
original WAL stream. Elongating the checkpoint would not have any effect
on a restorepoint: we only record the checkpoint when it is complete and
we only create a restorepoint when we see the checkpoint record.

Crash recovery and PITR use almost exactly the same code path (by
design), so there isn't anything special to say about PITR either.

--  Simon Riggs              EnterpriseDB   http://www.enterprisedb.com