Re: Anything I can do to speed up this query?

От Wei Weng
Тема Re: Anything I can do to speed up this query?
Re: Anything I can do to speed up this query?  (Casey Duncan <casey@pandora.com>)
Re: Anything I can do to speed up this query?  (Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net>)
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, 2006-12-05 at 15:56 -0500, Wei Weng wrote:
> I have a table that has roughly 200,000 entries and many columns.
>
> The query is very simple:
>
> SELECT Field1, Field2, Field3... FieldN FROM TargetTable;
>
> TargetTable has an index that is Field1.

I think I have discovered the reason for why the query runs so slow. The
original query has an ORDER BY Field1 clause that I forgot to put in my
email.

So the query looks like this:

SELECT Field1, Field2, Field3... FieldN FROM TargetTable ORDER BY Field1
DESC;

What is the effective way to optimize this query(or to optimize the
system) to run a little faster than it does now?

Thanks and I really appreciate all the helps I've gotten so far.

Wei