Re: old synchronized scan patch

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: old synchronized scan patch
Дата
Re: old synchronized scan patch  (Jeff Davis <pgsql@j-davis.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 2006-12-06 at 11:46 -0800, Jeff Davis wrote:

> If you make the join/leave operations such that there is no resistance
> at all (no timeout or anything), then it becomes the same as my non-
> synchronized proposal, right?

Teamwork requires some synchronisation to be effective, but yeh there
needs to be a way to leave the Conga if its not working for you/them.

I think we need the synchronisation to make concurrent scans effective,
plus Brownian Scans doesnt have the same ring to it :-)

I'm still willing to help if you're willing to take this further.

--  Simon Riggs              EnterpriseDB   http://www.enterprisedb.com