Re: HELP: Urgent, Vacuum problem

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: HELP: Urgent, Vacuum problem
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, 2006-12-06 at 10:15, Vivek Khera wrote:
> On Dec 5, 2006, at 4:09 PM, Scott Marlowe wrote:
>
> > I recently tossed 8.1 on my workstation which runs a little reporting
> > application here.  I pointed the app from 7.4 to 8.1 and got a visit
> > within about an hour from a user, asking if I'd done anything to my
> > database.  Worrying that I'd made some mistake and he was getting an
>
> I think you got lucky.  We had some issues with the transition from
> 7.4 to 8.0 due to more strictness of some queries, and some changes
> in how strings were interpreted as numbers.  They were minor issues,
> but you really need to regression test your app against new major
> releases of Pg.

Well, actually I knew about those kinds of things and had already made
changes in any queries that would need it.  Basically, I wrote the
reporting app, and I wrote the queries, and after the change, there were
only like 2 queries that needed any changing that I hadn't caught.

Just because I didn't mention any testing doesn't mean none got done...
:)