Re: [HACKERS] The Name Game: postgresql.net vs.

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] The Name Game: postgresql.net vs.
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] The Name Game: postgresql.net vs.  (Robert Treat <xzilla@users.sourceforge.net>)
Re: [HACKERS] The Name Game: postgresql.net vs.  (Frank Wiles <frank@wiles.org>)
Список pgsql-www
"Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@postgresql.org> writes:
> the projects site will not be under postgresql.org ... postgresql.net is
> available for it, but not postgresql.org ... we are keeping that domain
> "clean" for any future stuff we want to do with the core project ...

I agree we don't want <project>.postgresql.org, as that is likely to
risk name conflicts.  However, that objection doesn't apply to
<project>.projects.postgresql.org, or variants of that.  So far the only
objection I've heard to that sort of setup is "the domain name is too
long", and as others have pointed out, it's a weak objection.

Since we do already own pgfoundry.org, could we satisfy everybody by
dual-naming the project sites?  That is, have both
    <project>.pgfoundry.org
    <project>.pgfoundry.postgresql.org
point to the same place?

            regards, tom lane

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] The Name Game: postgresql.net vs.
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] The Name Game: postgresql.net vs.